This is a blog where I nerd out with crafts.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wishes and hopes and goals and other such nonsense.

So Jeff bought me a serger. To the oblivious, a serger produces the kind of seam you see on the inside of any purchased item of clothing. It makes a stretchy seam, which is great if you sew with stretchy material as often as I do.

This also means that I will be able to produce finished-looking garments. Since my dressers can no longer hold the overflow of clothing (a lot of which is handmade) I plan on selling things I make on eBay. Theres a lot of girls out there that pay the rent selling stuff on there, which encourages me. I dont feel like I produce crap, and I think that I'm pretty aware of what girls will really, really want.

I also want to use the screenprinting kit that I cajoled Ian into giving me to print fabrics. I'll use these fabrics in my designs, but I think it would be really great to sell them, as well. I have a few specific designs in mind.

It'll be nice to be able to sew some ridiculous pieces of clothing again, without the nagging feeling that it wont see the light of day.

Hopefully if I do make money off of this, I'll be able to do some fun stuff. Liiiike moving out. Or getting a new car. As it is, I've already made around 50 dollars on eBay these past 2 weeks selling off some of my stash (a lot of which was discovered at thrift stores) and hopefully this is only a sign of better things to come.

No comments:

Older Posts